Eating healthy might seem to be a bit more difficult when spending lots of time out of your home. On one side finding cafés or restaurants serving tasty meals of good quality is becoming easier every day but on the other side prices for organic food in the restaurants are usually not very friendly towards your bank account.
I am very lucky to live in Sweden where finding organic food is easy even when you shop at the supermarket. I have bought few amazing glass lunch boxes (you can find them also here – Im promoting IKEA, I guess Im becoming Swedish ) and every evening I prepare my lunch for the next day. As I dont want to carry three boxes with me I started creating „one-box meals“. Also as I dont use microwave at all, I am experimenting with meals that are delicious also cold. And this recipe for creamy chickpeas with coconut cream and spinach is just perfect. It boosts my energy in the middle of the work day, it doesnt give me that feeling of heavy stomach and it is also very nice cold. You can read about health benefits of chickpeas here.
– 1 can of chickpeas
– 1/2 of leek
– 1/2 can of coconut milk or coconut cream
– 350g of spinach (frozen works perfect, but you can definitely use fresh one as well)
– 1 tsp of turmeric
– 1/4 tsp of grounded nutmeg
– pinch of salt
– 1 tbs of coconut oil
1. Preheat deep frying pan. Chop leek into rings and fry it in the pan using coconut oil for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add chickpeas (without the liquid from the can) and all spices.
3. Pour coconut milk onto the mixture and add spinach. Boil for few minutes – until the consistency of the sauce is nice and creamy and not too runny.
4. Serve warm or let cool and serve as a refreshing salad.