This delicious soup is a life saver when coming home after several days spent away. All ingredients needed are the ones waiting for you at home at your kitchen cabinets. The recipe is simple and the final result is amazing – the soup is thick and delicious and makes your belly feel really good.
– 2 tbsolive oil
– 1 big organic onion
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 300g organic red lentils
– 2 tsp of ground red paprika (smoked paprika works really well too)
– 1 tin of organic chopped tomatoes (including the juice)
– 1 liter of organic vegetable or chicken stock (home made is always the best)
– tamari and freshly chopped parsley or coriander (optional)
1. Finely chopp the onion. Crush garlic with the flat side of a broad knife, roughly chop it afterwards.
2. Fry the onion over a medium heat until it is soft and just starting to caramelise. Adding salt at the beginning of the process prevents onion from catching.
3. Add the garlic and paprika and fry for couple more minutes.
4. Add the red lentils, stir through and then pour over the chopped tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and leave to cook gently for 25 minutes.
5. Serve with fresh lemon juice, tamari and freshly choped parsley or coriander.