This was the first meal we made at our new kitchen in Jönköping becuse it is easy, quick and very very tasty. Not only we enjoyed an amazing dinner with just few basic ingredients but new placed smelled like home instantly.
Ingredients (serves 2)
– 2 boned chicken legs with skin on ( or breasts if you prefer)
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 2 shallots or spring onion
– 1 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
– 2 heaped tbs of creme fraiche
– duck fat or oil
– salt and pepper
1. Preheat a pan. Sear chicken on a bit of duck fat or cooking oil to seal in the juices.
2. Reduce the heat, add salt and pepper and cook throughly for about 2-3 minutes or until the skin is gold and crispy.
(If you are not sure whether meat is done, prick a testing stick or a wooden skewer into the meat, the colour of jucie coming out will tell you – red/pink means you need to cook the meat for a bit longer, clear means the meat is done)
3. Take chicken out of the pan. In the same pan sauté finely chopped shallots.
4. Add chopped garlic and mustard and stir well.
5. Turn off the heat, add creme fraiche and stir thoroughly into a sauce.
6. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve with rice, quinoa or anything you like