These beautiful gluten-free pikelets are so fluffy and delicious! You have to try making them on Sunday morning:). Serve them with anything you love – fresh fruit, yogurt, chocolate or jam.
Ingredients: (serves 2-3)
– 120g buckwheat flour
– tsp gluten-free baking powder
– pinch salt
– 1 organic egg
– 15g cane sugar
– 180-200ml water or milk
Choose any milk you like – animal milk or plant based milk and as I write above, water works as well. Also the choice of fat you use for frying pikelets is up to you. I recommend butter or coconut oil.
1. Set the electric whisk to a slow speed and whisk the egg white with a bit of salt until foamy. Add sugar and increase the speed of the whisk. Wait until peaks form.
2. In a big bowl first mix dry ingredients and then add yolk and milk.
3. Gently add egg white. Let the dough set for 5 minutes.
4. Using a ladle pour thick batter in a greased frying pan over high heat. When golden-brown on the underside, flip and wait for few minutes until cooked through.
Tip: You can prepare the batter one or two days in advance and instead of using baking powder use sourdough. On a day you want to make pikelets add egg and follow the recipe.