Turmeric, a splendidly yellow spice that is nowadays gaining in popularity even thought it has been using for many years in India. It has distinctive warming taste which can be used in countless ways when cooking. However turmeric is not only a seasoning – it is a wonderful remedy with anti-inflammatory properties and it is a strong antioxidant that helps liver to clean the body off toxines.
Chicken meat, turmeric, coconut cream and leek are the best mates – and combining them with some beautiful rice noodles – well that is just divine!
Ingredients: (4 servings)
– 1 small onion
– 1 leek
– 4 boned and skinned chicken legs
– 200 ml coconut cream
– 1/2 tbs coconut oil
– 1 to 2 tea spoon of turmeric
– salt, pepper
1. In wok (or a big pan) fry cubed onion on coconut oil. Add meat chopped 2×2 cm and fry over a high heat for about a minute.
2. Add chopped leek and allow to simmer for a while. Add salt, pepper and turmeric according to your preference. Stir all through.
3. Pour coconut cream into the wok and wait until simmer – and then it is done.