This flourless cake with divine dark chocolate flavour is so simple! Only 4 ingredients in it will make you lick all of your 10 fingers
– 150g organic dark cooking chocolate (70% cacao)
– 110g butter
– 80g cane sugar
– 4 organic eggs, separated
– a bit of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C.
2. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter.
3. Stir the yolks and 30g of the cane sugar together. Add melted chocolate and butter.
4. Beat the egg whites with a tiny bit of salt for about 3 minutes. Add the ramaining 50g of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold the egg whites mixture into the chocolate mixture. If you prefer sweeter cakes you can add some maple syrup or honey and then pour into a greased cake pan.
6. Bake for 40 minutes or until a cake tester stuck in the center comes out with just a few crumbs on it.
7. Let cool for 30 minutes before removing from the pan.
Serve with your favourite fruit, ice-cream or homemade whipped cream.
Adapted recipe from Chocolate and Carrots.